Dune 2000 - ready to use .zip file
- Create a new virtual drive and set it up as usual with a virtual desktop
- install dsound in the virtual drive
- Extract the dune2000.zip anywhere inside the virtual drives drive_c folder.
- Make a new shortcut for DUNE2000.EXE
The game itself only runs on 640x480, but there is a high resolution patcher you can use to run the game on different resolutions.
Videos will still run in 640x480 in the upper left corner of the screen, but the game will be in any resolution you want.
To use the high resolution patch:
Please note: that you'll have restart a level/game if you change the resolution. If you load a old game with a different resolution the game will crash.
- download the patch and extract it somewhere
- copy the FOLDER "High Resolution Patch" into your Dune 2000 game folder (do NOT copy the files itself)
- Use Configure → Micellaneous → Run a .exe file in this virtual drive
- select the d2k_patch.exe inside the High Resolution Patch folder.
- select the resolution you want and let it patch it